Ipsos Buys Into Portugese Firm
Ipsos has signed an agreement to acquire a 25% stake in Portuguese research firm Apeme (Área de Planeamento e Estudos de Mercado), with the option to buy the remaining 75% in five years.
Apeme, founded in 1989 by Carlos Liz and Mariana Machado, specialises in consumer understanding through qualitative research.
The firm, which employs 22 full-time staff, conducts consumer behaviour and attitudes studies, customer satisfaction surveys, market and product testing initatives, mystery shopping and sales audits; as well as political surveys and sociological studies.
It will be re-branded Ipsos Apeme, and the leadership team will include Liz and Machado, along with Isabel Rebelo da Silva, previously Head of Ipsos in Portugal, and MD Marina Petrucci.
Brian Gosschalk, CEO of Ipsos Western Europe, said that through the formation of the new company, Ipsos will reinforce its position in Portugal
‘Ipsos Apeme is well placed to help clients face the new areas of knowledge, opportunities and conditions of the current marketplace,’ stated Petrucci. ‘The new company will be equipped to provide clients with the best service in understanding contemporary society, and help them increase their business efficiency.’
Web sites: www.ipsos.com and www.apeme.pt .