BSkyB Takes Home Three MRS Gongs
BSkyB's research team scooped three top honours - Best In-house Research team, Client of the Year, and the AURA/MRS Insight Management award - at this year's MRS Awards, held last night at London's Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel.
TNS took home the Best Agency award for turnover above £20m, while Incite Marketing Planning won Best Agency with a turnover below £20m. The Best Innovation prize went to Big Sofa, The Behavioural Architects took home the Best New Agency award, and Razor Research was crowned The Best Place to Work.
The inaugural Grand Prix for Greatest Impact award was scooped up by Mark Donovan of Channel 4 for the 'Meet the Superhumans' 2012 London Paralympic Games' ad campaign.
Other big winners on the night were 2CV in collaboration with Girl Hub Rwanda, awarded the President's Medal for an initiative which has helped young Rwandan women to become primary researchers.
MRS CEO Jane Frost (pictured) comments: 'The awards this year were a testament to the sheer talent within the sector. The calibre of entrants emphasises the importance of research for providing insight with real life impact for society, as well as for commercial purposes.'
Other awards included:
Web site: www.mrs.org.uk .
- Advertising & Media Research - Andrew Tenzer, Channel 4 and James Myring, BDRC Continental
- Best Application of Data - BBC Marketing & Audiences
- MRS/ASC Award for Technology Effectiveness - CrowdLab
- Business-to-Business Research (given jointly with BIG) - Northstar Research Partners
- Data Collection - Co-operative Food and Join the Dots
- Financial Research - Investec Private Banking Accounts and Services Team and FreshMinds
- Healthcare Research - Kadence International USA and Bausch & Lomb
- Innovation in Research Methodology - ICM Research
- International Research - Opinium Research and The London School of Economics
- New Consumer Insights - Suzanne Lugthart, eBay and Ruth Noble, 2CV
- Public Policy/Social Research - ESRO and Southwark Council
- Silver Medal - Martin Boon, ICM Research
- Virginia Valentine Award for Cultural Insights - Added Value Cultural Insight and Creative teams, and Diageo client team
- AQR Prosper Riley-Smith Qualitative Effectiveness Award - Sarah Jenkins, Ipsos MORI.