Business Development Associate, Vancouver, BC, Canada
$ Base, plus commissions - (Posted Oct 31 2013)
COMPANY: Vision Critical, advertiser's ref: N/A, MrWeb ref 106548
Firecrackers, self-starters, unique and dynamic individuals who are looking for a truly amazing career opportunity in Sales at Vision Critical in Vancouver!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help us continue to be the leader in online Insight Communities. This is an amazing opportunity to talk to the top brands in the world and to help them make smart business decisions, all while continuing to fuel our phenomenal growth. Learning from some of the best in the industry, you will gain the skills and experience to catapult your career long term.
Our client base already includes one third of the world’s top 100 brands and we are getting recognized for our hard work: Vision Critical is one of the top five SaaS companies and one of the top ten software companies in Canada as chosen by Branham300, and we’re amongst Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Do you have an entrepreneurial mind set and the business development skills to fearlessly cold call and email the SVP of an industry leading company, get their attention, and effectively communicate our story? Then we want to talk to you.
Fulfill this mission and you could end up:
Here is how you execute your mission:
- A Vice President no less than three VC sales VPs started their careers with us. There is no limit to where you can end up here
- On the other side of the world - joins us in Canada, but advance your career in the Europe, Australia, the US, or Asia. We have offices around the globe and the opportunities for you to hone your skills in a new market
You’ll succeed because you’ve got the skills:
- You find/chase/pitch to industry leading companies
- You build and find tune your list of prospects you are relentless in feeding your pipeline
- You research your prospects online to identify key triggers you know more about their needs than they do
- You craft engaging and attention-grabbing emails, letters, and voice messages and you can prove it
- You follow-up with calls, emails and
mail correspondence once they’re in your sights, they never leave
- You book discovery meetings and kick things off with top notch intel of the situation you’ve got them hooked, now let’s reel them in
As a seller and in life you are:
- Experience in an inside sales role, particularly in a B2B environment, is an asset
- Conceptual seller - you can sell ideas and concepts and can communicate a compelling vision
- Solid communications skills - both written and verbal
- Internet savvy and fluent in MS Office
- Background in software, technology, or market research and post-secondary education are assets
- Social media experience including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Tenacious - you don’t take no for an answer
- Fearless and direct - you tell it like it is and can make your point without being abrasive
- Intuitive - you uncover both business and personal pain points quickly in a conversation
- Driven - you are keen on being a success in whatever you do
- Egoless - you focus on and do a great job of any given task without complaint
- Self-Starter - you can see around corners and can make things happen on your own
- Collaborative - you naturally share and never lose sight that you are part of a team Ready to take on this mission?
We want to know why we should meet with you! Along with your resume, send us your version of a campaign to market yourself. This could be a 15 to 30 second link to a video telling us why you’re the one to execute our mission, or maybe it’s an email campaign that grabs our attention like no other! Links to externally hosted video is best. Creativity is appreciated!
WHO TO CONTACT: If Vision Critical sounds like where you want to be, where you’ll really launch your career get in touch now! Apply online
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in Vision Critical and encourage you to constantly check our website for a list of all current opportunities.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND EITHER YOUR RETURN E-MAIL ADDRESS OR TELEPHONE NUMBER IN THE MESSAGE. Please say that you found the vacancy on MrWeb! Thanks for your interest.
Email this job to a friend, or a colleague you would like to be shot of.
Add this job to your personal planner.
View your planner without adding this job.
GO back to Job Search page.