Director, New York, NY, USA
$ Salary TBD - (Posted Jul 1 2014)
COMPANY: Millward Brown North America, advertiser's ref: 3461, MrWeb ref 112397
JOB SPEC: Recognized by the industry as a premiere brand strategy and brand growth consulting firm, Millward Brown Optimor is seeking highly motivated, entrepreneurial individuals who are interested in joining its team as Directors.
Directors are responsible for managing all areas of client engagements including client interaction, problem solving approaches, team management, development of strategic recommendations and supervision of junior team members.
Directors take an active role in managing projects, developing existing client relationships, leading and mentoring junior team members, developing the practice and pushing the firmís thought leadership forward. Travel is expected to be a part of all client engagements, but usually does not exceed 30% of time requirements.
Project Types Include
- Customer-centric market segmentation
- Consumer insight-driven market strategy
- Brand strategy
- Brand/business valuation & strategy
- Brand portfolio optimization
- ROI measurement
- M&A, licensing & co-branding strategy development
- Marketing investment planning
- Brand architecture
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strong interest in branding, marketing, and consulting who is eager to take on wide-ranging responsibilities and who is motivated to excel within an entrepreneurial environment. The candidate should aspire to be an advisor to business leaders and have very strong analytical skills, a strong brand sensibility, and a highly proactive attitude. This position will provide an ambitious, team player the opportunity to develop within a cutting-edge area of consulting.
Directors are responsible for leading teams and client relationships while ensuring the timely delivery of all client deliverables. Directors are also expected to play an active role in business development, crafting and managing the proposal process to win new client relationships. As such, Directors are fully expected to be leaders and stewards of the business, fully versed in our offer and consistently challenging the status quo to deliver the best approach for each client.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for upwards of $1.5mm in revenue generation
- Oversee associate project management to ensure analytic team delivers on project timelines
- Oversee coordination and management of team, client, vendor, and partner relationships
- Structure and lead project approach for team execution
- Provide high-level critical thinking to guide project team in execution of analytic plan
- Lead business development in the crafting and delivery of proposals
- Establish and foster valuable client relationships to promote new business opportunities
- Mentor junior team members and establish meaningful relationships across the business
- Strong academic background, including MBA or other professional degree from a top university required
- 5+ years consulting or other professional service experience required
- Prior experience in a related field is a plus, but is not required
- Strong project management and demonstrated leadership skills
- Interest in consulting, research, and marketing thought leadership
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking skills; brand savvy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interest in mentoring and fostering junior team members
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, especially in high pressure situations
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
WHO TO CONTACT: Interested candidates should Apply Online
IMPORTANT - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND EITHER YOUR RETURN E-MAIL ADDRESS OR TELEPHONE NUMBER IN THE MESSAGE. Please say that you found the vacancy on MrWeb! Thanks for your interest.
Email this job to a friend, or a colleague you would like to be shot of.
Add this job to your personal planner.
View your planner without adding this job.
GO back to Job Search page.