Panel Membership Recruiter, Greenville, SC, USA
$ Salary TBD - (Posted Apr 2 2015)
COMPANY: The Nielsen Company, advertiser's ref: 1505531, MrWeb ref 118867
JOB SPEC: Nielsen, a global leader in measurement and information, is seeking a Panel Membership Recruiter to join our team. Nielsen is dedicated to providing clients with a precise understanding of what consumers watch, listen to or buy. The primary goal of this position is for Panel Membership Recruiters to use their knowledge of the company and their unique combination of skills and style to recruit predetermined households to participate in the Nielsen ratings. This is not a typical sales or recruiter position. This role requires self-directed individuals who are excited by the opportunity to engage potential Nielsen panelists from diverse backgrounds and who can overcome objections by using sales and persuasion skills. The ideal candidates for this position are individuals who want to utilize their passion and personality to make a difference in bringing accurate data to our clients. Nielsen rewards results and encourages growth within the organization.
- Drive to selected homes, within a designated territory, using company provided vehicle and supplied GPS
- Approach statistically selected homes without an appointment
- Conduct in-person interviews with families to ensure they meet established criteria
- Input collected data during interviews into a computer and/or iPhone
- Persuade and educate the panelists to get them energized and excited about participating in the Nielsen Ratings
- Use creative techniques to overcome objections and maximize panel participation
- Collaborate with various departments within Nielsen to ensure a quality sample
- Encourage and coach targeted panelists to improve their cooperation
The Panel Membership Recruiter must be outgoing, optimistic, and determined to be successful in their career. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s, Associate or Technical Degree preferred or 2-5 years equivalent work experience
- Recent college graduates encouraged to apply!
- Customer service experience
- Dedication to excellence and track record of exceeding goals
- Strong presentation skills utilizing persuasive and resourceful techniques
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with customers, staff, and management
- Ability to follow complex written and oral instructions
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and travel throughout a large territory
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications
- Work non-traditional schedule including weekends and evenings
- Ability to work independently from a home office environment
- Comprehensive background check which includes Criminal and Motor Vehicle Records
- Experience in a market research, social service, or commissioned sales position with in-home contact is a plus
- Bilingual skills a plus
Why do our Panel Membership Recruiter love working for Nielsen?
- Non-traditional schedule including afternoons, evenings and weekends
- Competitive compensation package including base annual salary plus uncapped monthly bonuses based on performance, potential for paid overtime, and language differential to those who qualify
- Company car (Insurance/Gas/Maintenance included)
- Laptop, printer, and mobile phone
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision & 401K, effective first day of employment
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training program, including 3-4 weeks in Tampa, FL. Housing and transportation included
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
“Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
WHO TO CONTACT: Apply online and please mention MrWeb at interview!
IMPORTANT - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND EITHER YOUR RETURN E-MAIL ADDRESS OR TELEPHONE NUMBER IN THE MESSAGE. Please say that you found the vacancy on MrWeb! Thanks for your interest.
Email this job to a friend - or a colleague you would like to be shot of.
View similar jobs
View all jobs for this advertiser
Add this job to your personal planner.
View your planner without adding this job.
GO back to Job Search page.