Associate Director - Public Affairs, Health, London
£ Competitive - (Posted May 6 2015)
COMPANY: Ipsos MORI, advertiser's ref: PAAD0515, MrWeb ref 119532
JOB SPEC: Ipsos MORI has the largest social research team in the UK and the third largest globally. Within our Social Research Institute, we are looking for an Associate Director to join our Health research team.
We have a diverse and developing social research programme which runs right across the health and social care sector. Our clients include commissioners and providers of NHS services, national bodies such as NHS England, Public Health England and the Department of Health, think tanks, regulatory and professional bodies, academic institutions and third sector organisations. Our research covers the entire remit of health policy and delivery, using a range of quantitative and qualitative methods, from large scale national surveys of the general public to small qualitative studies with patients, staff and stakeholders.
We are now looking for an Associate Director with the enthusiasm and ability to join our team of around 20 health researchers and play a key role in leading these projects. Using your understanding of the health sector and policy, and your experience of research methods, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects and ensuring the quality of all outputs. You will play a role in new business development, through the development of proposals and pitches to clients as well as contributing to developing a specific area of our health research.
You will be extremely organised, numerate, able to direct multiple projects, have an eye for detail, and possess strong leadership qualities. Working in a fast moving environment, you will enjoy designing and putting in place solutions to meet clients’ needs. Understanding of the health sector would be an advantage; however, we will also consider applications from those who do not have a background in health, but who are keen to immerse themselves in this sector.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Design research projects that will deliver findings to meet the client's objectives, using the most appropriate methodology
- Lead client meetings and calls
- Apply different sampling approaches and weighting effectively
- Sign-off small to medium costings and pull together larger costings
- Direct small to medium proposals and contribute to more complex proposals
- Lead pitches for small to medium proposals
- Direct the work of the project team to deliver on schedule, to specification and within budget – sometimes with support from a Research Director for more complex studies
- Sign-off questionnaires and discussion guides that meet client objectives
- Sign-off scripts and dummy data
- Moderate in-depth interviews, discussion groups, workshops
- Sign-off reports and presentations that deliver insights to meet client objectives and provide recommendations grounded in evidence
- Be the senior point of contact for clients and take a proactive approach to developing your own client accounts through knowledge of their business
- Deliver inspiring presentations to clients and wider audiences through conferences
- Play a key role in developing the business, for example through contributing to developing a specific area and/or producing thought leadership outputs
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to junior team members, including through line management
- Enthusiastically embrace new research methods and techniques and apply these to projects
- Feed into decisions about our strategic direction and business plans
In return, we offer:
- Experience of directing projects across a range of research methodologies, ideally both quantitative and qualitative
- A passion for business development, including leading on proposals and pitches and developing new areas of business – although you may still need senior support to achieve this
- Experience as a senior representative of your organisation in a customer/client-focused environment, working with clients at all different levels
- Ability to deliver multiple projects, to tight timescales, always focused on meeting your clients’ objectives
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write insightful and detailed presentations and reports, client handling and negotiation skills
- Line management experience and interest in developing junior colleagues to fulfil their potential, including taking a leadership role within the team
- Ideally, policy knowledge and expertise within the health sector
- A competitive package, with a commitment to personal development where your efforts and achievements are recognised and rewarded
- A creative, busy, open and supportive working environment
- The autonomy to develop and grow the business area with support from senior directors and the wider team
WHO TO CONTACT: If you think you are the right candidate for the role then please apply via our web site.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND EITHER YOUR RETURN E-MAIL ADDRESS OR TELEPHONE NUMBER IN THE MESSAGE. Please say that you found the vacancy on MrWeb! Thanks for your interest.
Email this job to a friend - or a colleague you would like to be shot of.
View similar jobs
View all jobs for this advertiser
Add this job to your personal planner.
View your planner without adding this job.
GO back to Job Search page.