Ipsos Expands Once More
October 10 2001
French agency Ipsos has recently signed an agreement to acquire majority control of Novaction, a specialist marketing consultancy, now to be known as Ipsos-Novaction.
The transaction will be financed through the issue of new shares, which will enable Novaction's shareholders to take a 3.7% participation in Ipsos capital.
Founded in Paris in 1972, the Novaction group revenues for 2000 stood at Euros 22.32 millions, essentially realised in Europe and Asia. Its range of products is also marketed in Latin America, through Ipsos Latin America's companies.
In 55 countries around the world, Novaction advises and helps major companies and groups in terms of optimising existing brands and developing new products. This expertise relies on various high added-value models, namely:
- Designor(r), worldwide leading simulated competitive test market which enables to forecast and optimize sales of new products or line extensions.
- Scan Selector(r) is an evaluation and optimisation model for new concepts and aims to detect new opportunities.
- BHC(r), analysis and simulation model for alternative Pull & Push marketing strategies which aims to maximise return on brand marketing investments.
- Perceptor(r): brand positioning evaluation and optimisation system. It enables marketing managers to create differentiation and value for product lines, hence increasing profits.
- Price Aid(r): experimental evaluation and optimisation model for pricing strategy and value creation.
To date, Novaction has analysed the competitive environment of more than 50,000 existing brands and tested more than 8,000 products and services within 250 different categories.
According to Didier Truchot at Ipsos, "This acquisition represents a triple opportunity for Ipsos; first, it will reinforce our marketing expertise with sophisticated methodologies and experienced teams. Its also strengthens the geographical coverage of our group, especially in Japan where Novaction realizes about a quarter of its activity and has an excellent reputation. Lastly, this operation will enable Ipsos-Novaction to accelerate its global development, especially in North America where Ipsos already works for a large variety of clients,"
Novaction's founder and President, Jacques Blanchard, will be President of Ipsos-Novaction; he will also head the company's Strategic Committee. In that capacity, he will play a decisive role in setting up synergies with Ipsos companies dedicated to marketing research, with particular focus on product development.
Jacques Blanchard added "Novaction is particularly delighted by this agreement. With Ipsos, as a partner, we will further accelerate our development based on the following three main lines: the strengthening of our global presence and offer - especially in the USA - to new and leading-edge technologies (internet, plurimedia), and synergies with the leadership of teams expert in complementary business areas. With this operation, Ipsos and Novaction aim to provide their clients with a greater added-value research."
All articles 2006-21 written and edited by Mel Crowther and/or Nick Thomas unless otherwise stated.